Monday, January 14, 2013

Back in the Saddle

Sterling silver with a pottery cabochon and garnets
Finally I am back in the studio full time! I had my sketch book with me over the holidays and it seems that I want to stay on the botanical theme. I am also finding that I want to add lots of texture, and that is not new for me either. This piece is based on mums and is hammer textured and finished with a patina. So same theme, but totally new piece!

I am still working on shows for 2013, some applications are not yet available. First show will be at the end of March in Hickory: Catawba Valley Pottery Festival. I have slots open for home shows, so if you'd like to earn some jewelry credit, give me a call and let's plan a party.

I hope to be a better blogger and photographer this year. And to not find any more abandoned animals. On Dec 2 I found two abandoned pups not far from our home one night. They were about 13 weeks old. It took a little while, but we found a good home for one and decided to keep the other. I had totally forgotten what having a puppy is like, and this one doesn't seem to be grasping the concept of not peeing or pooping in the garage or house. She is adorable, Bacchus our dog seems to like her and she adores him and loves the cats too. Wes named her Gracie. All my pictures of her are on my phone. So picture to follow.

Happy New Year All!


No comments: