Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Celebration of Seagrove Potters



I am not a good blogger yet! Too much going on in life these days. I am Co-Chair with Susan Greene of the Publicity Committee Celebration of Seagrove Potters in November. This takes a lot of time and we are hoping to attract a lot of people to the festival November 21-23. Here is a release we sent out detailing the info.

This new effort has brought many of the area artists together as we plan to celebrate all the wonderful varieties of work made in clay in Seagrove. The Gala on Friday will be a great event with a jazz band, preview shopping and auction and more! Between this and the house, I hope I can get some jewelry made!

I'll have a new work area with my kiln and am working on ideas for a new selection of items, some in a more modest price range and hopefully a new line that is not even jewelry but incorporates metal and clay in another way! It is something I've been thinking about and with great information provided to me by Laura Dahl ( a great jeweler and creator of many things beautiful) and having space to work in, I'm ready to get moving on it. Just have to wait for the house to be done and get the final inspection, maybe in another week!

No comments: