Thursday, January 8, 2009

Learning Something New!


I am excited! I have signed up for a handbuilding class with Allison McGowan next month. Since I bought my slab roller I've wanted to try some pottery pieces and not just use it for my jewelry ideas (which I haven't even tried yet). I've made some boxes, of course I'm afraid to glaze them, because I don't want to ruin them! So that is a new area of research for me!

My stones use the Jugtown glazes in varying combinations, but since these new pieces will be something different I want to do my own glazes for them. I would also like to start adding metal elements to them. I enjoy the teapots that Pam and I do in collaboration and have something completely different in mind for my new projects. Of course I need to get the supplies necessary to create all these new things.

Shopping, something I always enjoy!! Tonight I want to play around with some rubber mold making stuff I bought a while ago. Then one day soon jewelry making will resume!

No comments: